- 1 c. corn meal
- 1 c. sweet milk *
- 1/2 tsp. soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 1/2 c. bacon drippings
- 1/2 lb. hamburger meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb. cheese, grated
- 4 oz. can green chili peppers
- Mix first 7 ingredients together in large bowl.
- Set to one side.
- Brown hamburger meat in skillet.
- Grease large skillet and brown a small amount of corn meal in bottom.
- a layer of first mixture in skillet, then place hamburger meat on top of this.
- Add cheese, onion and peppers.
- Place the rest of the corn bread mixture on top.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes.