- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 2 tsp. vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. boiling water
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp. yellow coloring
- Combine sugar, vinegar and water in saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Cook to hard-crack stage without stirring.
- Wipe crystals from sides of pan frequently or put lid on until crystals are dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add butter, salt and coloring.
- Stir only until dissolved and mixed.
- Drop from teaspoon onto well-buttered flat surface.
- Insert skewers.
- Makes 8 to 10 lollipops.