Fettuccine With Minted Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 large ripe tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can Italian-style tomatoes
- 1/4 c. dry white wine or water
- 1 tsp. dry basil
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh mint leaves or 1 Tbsp. dry mint
- dash of pepper
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 8 oz. medium wide noodles
- Spread walnuts in a shallow pan and toast in a 350° oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, peel, seed and coarsely chop tomatoes.
- If using canned tomatoes, break up with a spoon and use liquid.
- In a medium size bowl, combine tomatoes, wine, basil, mint, salt and pepper.
- Set aside.