Low-Fat Chile Rellenos Casserole
- 2 (4 oz.) cans diced green chiles
- 8 oz. low-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 c. skim milk
- 1 c. packaged biscuit mix
- 1 c. frozen egg substitute or 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 c. low-fat cottage cheese
- salsa (optional)
- Spray 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chiles and Cheddar cheese.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, biscuit mix and eggs, using wire whisk or fork to beat until smooth.
- Stir in cottage cheese.
- Spoon mixture on top of cheese and chiles.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes until puffed and knife comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top with salsa, if desired.
- A great dish for Sunday brunch. Serves 6.