- 10 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla flavor
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt the 10 tablespoons butter over low heat and stir in sugar until smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool completely. Chop the chocolate.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat eggs, one at a time, into the melted butter mixture.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture, then the chocolate chunks. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake until edges come away from sides of pan, for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.