Spinach Enchilada Casserole(8 Servings)
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 (4 oz.) cans chopped green chiles
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 10 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 3 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 c. sour cream
- In large skillet, cook beef with garlic, onion, salt and pepper until beef is crumbled and no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chiles, lime juice, sugar and spinach.
- Mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.