Cheese And Carrot Soup
- 3 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 c. light chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 2 c. milk
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 c. grated Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- minced parsley
- Combine carrots, onion and potatoes with stock in soup pot. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes. Transfer to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Return to pot.
- Stir in buttermilk and nutmeg.
- Heat through.
- Stir in cheese to melt. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with parsley along with whole wheat French bread and green salad.