Bacon Potato Soup
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 (6 oz.) pkg. Canadian bacon
- 2 c. water
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated skim milk
- 1 pkg. Butter Buds
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Spray a saucepan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add onions and bacon.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until onion is tender but not brown.
- Stir in water and potatoes.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Use a fork and mash some potatoes.
- Stir in milk, butter seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Do not boil.
- Ladle into bowls; serve with light sour cream and chives, if desired.