- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. lemon Jell-O
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. apples with skins, diced
- 1/2 c. nuts, chopped
- 1/2 c. celery, diced
- 1 c. whipped topping
- In a saucepan, combine pineapple and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and boil 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add dry Jell-O.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add cream cheese, stirring until mixed well.
- Cool. Fold in apples, nuts, celery and whipped topping.
- Pour into 9-inch baking pan.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares. Serve on lettuce leaves with crackers.