- 6 medium potatoes cooked and drained
- 2 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 c. sour cream (room temperature)
- 1/3 c. onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cook potatoes in skins and cool.
- In saucepan over low heat, combine cheese and butter.
- Stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and blend sour cream, onions, salt and pepper.
- Shred potatoes coarsely and fold into the cheese mixture.
- Turn into a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake 45 minutes in a 325° oven.
- Can be made the day ahead and baked just before serving or freeze and bake at serving time.
- Serves 6 to 8.