- 5 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 medium potatoes, pared and diced
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 (17 oz.) can cream-style corn
- 2 c. milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon; crumble and set aside. Reserve 3 tablespoons bacon drippings in saucepan.
- Add onion slices to pan and cook until lightly brown.
- Add diced potatoes and water; cook over medium heat until tender.
- Add corn, milk, salt and pepper.
- Cook until heated through.
- Pour into serving bowls; top with crumbled bacon and margarine.
- Serve with crackers.
- Serve 4 to 5.