- 1 lb. hamburg
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 can whole corn, drained
- 1/2 c. chopped green pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 1/2 oz.) pkg. corn muffin mix
- 1 (2.8 oz.) can Durkee's French fried onions
- 1/3 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- Brown meat.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in taco seasoning, water, corn, green pepper and tomato sauce.
- Pour into greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Prepare muffin mix and add to it the crumbled French fried onions.
- Spoon muffin mixture over meat filling in dish; smoothing it even and to the edge of dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake 1 to 2 minutes longer.