Tropical Tuna Melt(Microwave Recipe)
- 1 (8 1/4 oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 3 Tbsp. salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 (6 1/2 oz.) can water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 small stalk celery, sliced thin (equal 1/4 c.)
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 slices American or Monterey Jack cheese
- Drain pineapple very well.
- Save 1 teaspoon pineapple juice. Stir together salad dressing (or mayonnaise), mustard and pineapple juice.
- Using small bowl, stir together drained pineapple, tuna and celery and dressing mixture.
- Arrange toasted English muffins in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Top each muffin half with 1/4 of tuna mixture.
- Top with 1/2 diagonally sliced cheese.
- Cook in microwave on High 1
- to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Rotate dish 1/2 turn once while cooking. Serves 4.