Orange And Almond Chicken
- 1 (2 to 3 lb.) broiler-fryer, cut up
- 1/2 c. finely chopped blanched almonds
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced shallots or onion
- grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Prepare grill at least 1/2 hour before cooking time.
- Adjust grid 6 to 8 inches above the coals.
- Rinse chicken parts; pat dry. In small bowl, blend ingredients to form a paste.
- Gently lift chicken skin; spread paste as evenly as possible between skin and meat.
- Place chicken skin-side up on grill.
- Grill 20 to 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink when cut near bone.
- Turn chicken once, halfway through cooking period.
- Serves 4.