Fruit Swirl Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry, apricot or blueberry pie filling
- Generously grease jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch. Beat sugar, margarine, shortening, baking powder, vanilla, almond extract and eggs in large bowl on low speed.
- Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in flour.
- Spread two-thirds of batter in pan.
- Spread pie filling over batter. Drop remaining batter by tablespoon onto pie filling.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until light brown in 350° oven.
- While warm, drizzle with glaze.
- 30 bars.