- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne or to taste
- Using hands or the back of a spoon, cream together the butter and cheese.
- Add flour and mix well (the mixture should resemble coarse meal).
- Add cayenne and mix on a lightly floured board. Form mixture into two long thin rolls, 1 to 1 1/2-inches in diameter.
- Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm (about 1 to 2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350°; cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices and arrange on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes until the biscuits are brown around the edges and dry in the middle.