One Hour Rolls
- 1 c. milk
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 pkg. dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. Crisco oil
- 2 c. plain flour
- Put flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar, milk, salt and oil in a saucepan and heat to boiling; remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm.
- Add yeast and mix well.
- Pour into flour and stir.
- Batter will be sticky.
- Roll out batter on a floured board and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Lightly brush tops with melted oleo and fold over.
- Place rolls on a cookie sheet, put in a warm place and let rise for 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes. Yield: 2 1/2 dozen.