Brown Rice Pizza(Light)
- 1 1/2 c. cooked brown rice (without salt or fat)
- 1 1/2 c. (6 oz.) shredded part skim milk Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 egg, beaten (I use Second Nature)
- 1 tsp. oregano, divided
- 1 c. broccoli flowerets
- 1 c. sliced zucchini
- 1 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce (no salt)
- Combine rice, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 teaspoon oregano in a medium bowl.
- Stir well.
- Press mixture evenly into a 12-inch pizza pan coated with Pam.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with Pam.
- Place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms and onion.
- Saute until tender.
- Combine tomato sauce and remaining oregano.
- Spread evenly over baked crust.
- Top with sauteed vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until pizza is thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
- Yields 4 servings (255 calories each).