- 6 slices bread (crusts removed)
- 1 1/2 lb. sausage
- 1 c. Swiss cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 3/4 c. light cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- dash of pepper
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Arrange bread in bottom of greased baking dish (10 x 6-inch). Brown sausage and drain off fat.
- Spoon sausage evenly over bread. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over all.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Can be made ahead and refrigerated until needed.
- If so, bake for 30 to 35 minutes.