Burnt Caramel Cake Icing
- 2 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 Tbsp. white Karo syrup
- 1/2 c. sugar
- Put 2 cups sugar and milk in a saucepan.
- Add syrup.
- Put the 1/2 cup sugar in a small skillet and pour enough water over it to moisten good.
- Turn on low heat under saucepan.
- While it is heating, brown the sugar in the skillet.
- When brown, pour it into the saucepan.
- Cook until soft ball forms in cold water.
- Remove from stove and beat until ready to spread on the cake.
- Add butter, the size of a walnut, and flavoring.