Working Mother'S "Mess"(Renamed Dad'S Quick Delight)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. chopped onions
- 2 to 3 cut-up tomatoes
- 1 to 3 garlic buds (adjust for size and taste)
- 16 oz. chunky spaghetti sauce
- 1 to 3 Tbsp. tamari sauce (use smaller amount for low sodium diet)
- 1 (16 oz.) can cooked beans (navy, pinto, kidney or pork and beans)
- Brown meat over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Remove meat from pan and drain off fat.
- Stir 1 to 3 tablespoons tamari sauce into meat.
- Saute onion, garlic and tomatoes.
- Add spaghetti sauce and heat.
- Add cooked beans and meat mixture.
- Stir gently to mix; then simmer to blend flavors.
- Serve when blended and heated through.
- Serves 4. Serve with garlic bread and green salad.