Sweet And Sour Red Cabbage
- 1 head red cabbage, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 c. cider vinegar
- caraway seed to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- In a pot of water with 1 tablespoon salt, boil shredded cabbage until just tender.
- Cook it quickly, perhaps 10 minutes at most, to retain its Vitamin C.
- Drain; stir in chopped onion that has been glaceed in a nonstick frypan.
- Add salt, pepper, sugar and vinegar; stir at least two minutes until the vinegar permeates the cabbage, which will become limp.
- Serve hot with Best Herbed Pork Roast.