Vanilla Wafer Cake
- 2 sticks butter (do not substitute)
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 c. milk
- 12 oz. box vanilla wafers, crushed
- 7 oz. flaked coconut
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add crushed wafers alternately with milk.
- Add coconut and pecans and mix well. Pour into a 12 cup tube pan greased with nonstick spray.
- Cook completely before removing from pan.
- May be glazed with powdered sugar and topped with pecan halves and maraschino cherries. Freezes well.