Gold Rush Brunch
- 1 pkg. potatoes O'Brien or homemade
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 eggs
- Prepare potatoes according to directions.
- In large saucepan melt butter; blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add milk and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sour cream, parsley and potatoes.
- Place mixture in 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Arrange bacon in a row down center, overlapping.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Make a depression in mixture on each side of bacon.
- Slip 1 egg into each depression.
- Bake until eggs are set, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serves 8.