Quick Coffee Cake(6 Servings)
- 3 Tbsp. softened butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 c. flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- Mix 3 tablespoons fat with granulated sugar.
- Add egg and beat until creamy.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt thoroughly.
- Add to sugar mixture alternately with milk.
- Add vanilla. Spread batter evenly in a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over batter.
- Dot with 2 tablespoons fat.
- Bake at 350° (moderate oven) for 25 to 30 minutes.