- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 c. finely chopped walnuts
- 1 c. powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 300°. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or leave them ungreased. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the flour and mix on low speed until very well blended. Add the nuts and mix well until well blended. Measure out generously rounded teaspoonfuls of dough and roll them into balls with your hands. Place about 2-inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake the cookies until they begin to turn golden, about 30 minutes. To test for doneness, remove 1 from sheet and cut in half. There should be no doughy strip in the center. Roll the cookies in the powdered sugar while hot. Then cool on the cookie sheets. Serve after cookies have cooled.