Mexicali Chicken And Cheese Bake
- 3 c. cubed, cooked chicken
- 8 oz. (2 c.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 10 3/4 oz. can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 c. flour
- 1/4 c. cornmeal
- 1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- chili powder or seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. margarine, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 4 oz. can chopped green chillies
- 2 oz. chopped pimento, drained
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup cheese, corn and soup; blend well. Spoon into prepared dish.
- Combine other ingredients in order listed.
- Mix until just moistened.
- Batter will be lumpy.
- Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven to melt cheese.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 8.