Calf Liver Braised In Wine
- 1 lb. calf liver, thinly sliced, cut in serving pieces
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. basil
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 c. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/2 c. water (boiling)
- 1/2 c. dry red wine
- Coat liver in mixture of flour, salt and pepper.
- Set aside. Saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add liver and brown lightly on both sides.
- Dissolve bouillon in boiling water.
- Add mushrooms, bouillon, wine and basil.
- Cover and simmer 15
- minutes or until liver is tender.
- Serves 4.