- 3 whole large chicken breasts, skinned, boned and halved lengthwise
- 6 thin slices boiled ham
- 6 slices process Swiss cheese
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- crushed dried sage
- 1/3 c. fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. snipped parsley
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- Place chicken, boned side up, between two pieces clear plastic wrap.
- Working out from the center, pound each lightly with meat mallet to 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches.
- Remove wrap.
- Place a ham slice and a cheese slice on each cutlet, cutting to fit within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Top with some tomato; sprinkle lightly with sage.
- Fold in sides; roll up jelly roll fashion, pressing to seal well. Combine crumbs, Parmesan and parsley.
- Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumbs.
- Bake in shallow baking pan at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove to platter.
- Blend mixture remaining in pan until smooth; serve over chicken.
- Serves 6.