- 1/4 c. margarine
- 1/4 c. chopped onion (or as much as you want)
- chopped celery to taste
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/8 tsp. curry powder
- 1 can sliced mushrooms (save juice)
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 pkg. chopped broccoli
- 1 cubed chicken
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Melt margarine in skillet; saute onions and celery.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour and curry powder.
- Drain mushrooms and keep juice.
- Add water to juice to make 1/2 cup liquid.
- Stir liquid and soup into flour mixture; add mushrooms.
- Cook until thick.
- Arrange broccoli and cubed chicken in a large baking dish. Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes or in microwave until cheese is melted.