- 3 to 4 c. okra
- salt and pepper
- 2 c. ground beef, chicken breast or ham
- 3/4 c. green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium carrot or 3/4 c. thinly sliced
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt butter and saute bell peppers, jalapeno, onion and carrot; cook until onion is clear.
- Add the stewed tomatoes; stir and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup water, stirring until mixture boils.
- Add meat, stirring well.