Favorite Vegetable Soup(Low-Fat)
- 1/4 c. diced onion
- 2 packets instant chicken broth and seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 c. thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 c. each thinly sliced carrots and chopped seeded tomato
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp. basil leaves
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- In 1 1/2-quart nonstick saucepan, combine onion, broth mix and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine; cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove about 1/2 cup vegetables from saucepan and set aside.
- In blender container, in 2 batches, puree remaining soup; return pureed mixture to saucepan, add reserved vegetables and heat.
- Makes 2 servings.