- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
- 1 lb. (1 box) 10x confectioners sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp. 100 proof bourbon
- 8 sq. (1 oz. each) semi-sweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 36 pecan halves
- Beat butter in medium-size bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in gradually 10x confectioners sugar.
- Slowly beat in bourbon. Chill 1 hour or until mixture is stiff enough to shape.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Arrange in single layer on wax paper-lined tray. Chill 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water.
- Remove chocolate from heat; cool until a good dipping consistency.
- Dip bourbon balls with 3-pronged fork halfway into chocolate.
- Return to wax paper-lined tray.
- Place pecan half on top of each ball.
- When all the bourbon balls have been dipped, return tray to refrigerator.
- Chill about 30 minutes or until firm. Makes about 3 dozen.