Cook While You Sleep Cookies
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 c. chopped nuts
- coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat egg whites until foamy; add salt and cream of tartar.
- Beat until stiff.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla, chocolate chips, nuts and coconut.
- Drop by teaspoon onto foil lined cookie sheets.
- Put in the oven and turn off oven immediately.
- Do not open the door for at least 8 hours.
- Carefully remove cookies from foil.
- Makes 40 to 50 cookies.