Scalloped Tomatoes(Heart Smart)
- 1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes in juice, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. minced green pepper
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. basil, crushed
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 slices stale or day old bread (whole wheat), cut into cubes (1 1/2 c.)
- 4 tsp. margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a 1-quart casserole sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, place tomatoes in juice.
- Stir in green pepper, onion, garlic, basil and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine bread cubes and margarine; sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Bake about 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Makes 4 servings.