Brazilian Coffee Cookies
- 1/3 c. shortening
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. powdered instant coffee
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- Mix shortening, sugars, egg, vanilla and milk until fluffy. Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add to sugar mixture; mix thoroughly.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.