Apple Cream Coffee Cake
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. softened butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 large apple, sliced thinly
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Mix in separate bowl 1/2 sugar, cinnamon and walnuts.
- In large bowl, mix soft butter or margarine and sugar.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and blend well; add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Mix into creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spread half mixture into greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Add sliced apples all around.
- Sprinkle with half cinnamon mixture.
- Add rest of batter, then top with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes.