Sour Cream Apple Pie
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. each ground nutmeg and salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine, softened
- 3 to 4 large tart green apples, peeled and sliced to make 5 c.
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 c. sour cream
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Place pie shell on cookie sheet.
- In medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, spices and salt.
- With pastry blender or two knives, cut butter into sugar mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons on bottom of shell.
- Arrange apple slices in overlapping rows in shell.
- Sprinkle each row with a few drops of lemon juice and remaining sugar mixture.
- (Apples will round slightly in pie shell.)
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Spoon and spread sour cream over top.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Makes 1 pie.