Vinegar Pie Crust
- 4 c. flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 c. shortening
- 1/2 c. cold water
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 egg
- Combine flour, sugar and salt.
- With a pastry blender, cut shortening into flour.
- In a small bowl, combine water, vinegar and egg.
- Beat this mixture.
- Pour liquid mixture into flour mixture.
- Use a fork to lift ingredients until enough moisture is spread to form a ball with your hands.
- This makes a flaky and tender pie crust and forms much easier than most.