- 10 c. ground zucchini, do not peel
- 4 c. onions, cut-up
- 4 Tbsp. coarse salt
- 2 1/2 c. white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. each: nutmeg, dry mustard, turmeric, cornstarch
- 4 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 red and 1 green pepper
- Put zucchini, onion and salt in large bowl and mix well.
- Let stand overnight.
- Drain and rinse in cold water; drain again.
- Put mixture in a large kettle with remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. Pour into jars and seal.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.