Thomas Jefferson'S Macaroni And Cheese Pudding
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 1/2 c. milk
- 8 oz. (about 2 c.) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 c. (1/2 lb.) elbow macaroni, prepared according to pkg. directions
- 1 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in flour and blend well over low heat.
- Stir in milk slowly.
- Bring to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add 1 1/2 cups cheese and stir to blend.
- Add macaroni.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Pour into a well-buttered 2-quart casserole.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serves 6.