- 2 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 (8 oz.) jar pasteurized process cheese spread
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 c. toasted slivered almonds
- Cook broccoli in boiling, salted water.
- Drain thoroughly. Cook onion in 1/4 cup butter until soft.
- Blend in flour, then milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in cheese spread, salt and pepper until thoroughly blended.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese mixture to eggs, a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broccoli.
- Place in a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Toss crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle on top. Top with almonds.
- Bake in a slow oven (325°) until set, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Makes 6 servings.