- 6 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 4 lb. cabbage, shredded
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 6 c. water
- 1 (10 oz.) can condensed chicken bouillon or 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (1 lb.) can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. caraway seed
- Melt butter or margarine in large soup kettle and cook cabbage and onions for about 15 minutes, stirring to keep from sticking. Sprinkle with flour and mix well.
- Gradually add water, while stirring; heat until mixture reaches boiling point.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer over low heat for about one hour.
- Serves 8.
- Easy to prepare and simply delicious on a cold day.
- Best served with a pan of corn bread.