Yellow Cake(Delicious With Just A Dusting Of Powdered Sugar.)
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. margarine or butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp. anise
- 2 eggs
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add milk, margarine and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat 2 minutes more.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9 x 1 1/2-inch round baking pans.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans.
- Cool thoroughly on racks.
- Serves 12.