Microwave Zucchini-Beef Bake
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 lb. ground sirloin (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 c. tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini slices and cook turning often until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini slices to paper towels to drain briefly.
- Arrange overlapping slices in a microwave-safe (9-inch) square baking dish.