- 8 slices day old bread, remove crust and save
- 4 c. chopped cooked chicken
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained
- 4 eggs
- 2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 to 8 slices American cheese
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 Tbsp. oleo
- 2 oz. chopped pimentos, drained
- Arrange bread in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Top with chicken; cover with mushrooms and chestnuts.
- In bowl, beat eggs; blend in milk, mayonnaise and salt.
- Pour over chicken.
- Arrange chicken on top.
- Add soups and pimentos.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Crumble bread crusts; toss with melted oleo.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours at 325°.
- Let stand 10 minutes.