- 1 pan of your favorite cornbread
- 6 slices of white bread
- 1/2 lb. ground meat
- 1 stick butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves (small) garlic, minced
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- Break both kinds of bread in small pieces.
- If chicken stock is available, use enough to moisten breads (if not use water).
- Heat butter in skillet and add meat, onions, bell pepper, pepper and garlic.
- Cook until meat is done.
- Add seasonings.
- Mix lightly, add bread to mixture.
- Toss lightly with fork and add eggs; toss again.
- Put in a greased baking dish and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.