- 1/2 lb. smoked, grilled or broiled mullet
- 2 15 oz. cans black-eyed peas
- 1/2 c. chopped onions
- 1/2 c. chopped green pepper
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. liquid hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar
- Break fish into bite sized portions and set aside.
- Mash peas lightly, just until they are broken.
- Combine peas, onion, pepper, garlic, pepper sauce, salt and vinegar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add mullet and cook until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 6.