- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 2 c. boiling water
- 1 pkg. (8 oz. serving size) orange flavor gelatin
- 1 3/4 c. thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 1/2 c. miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 c. coconut (optional)
- Drain pineapple, reserving liquid.
- Add cold water to liquid to measure 1 cup.
- Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl 2 minutes or until completely dissolved.
- Stir in measured liquid. Refrigerate 1 1/4 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg white).
- Stir in whipped topping with wire whisk until smooth.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes or until mixture will mound. Stir in oranges, pineapple, marshmallows and coconut.
- Spoon into 6 cup mold.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Makes 10 servings.