- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- 1/4 c. chopped walnuts
- 1 large or 2 small cans mandarin oranges
- Mix gelatin and salt thoroughly in small pan.
- Add water and stir constantly over medium-low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and rind.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- While gelatin is chilling, beat egg whites, gradually adding sugar and beating after each addition.
- Set aside.
- Remove chilled gelatin from fridge and beat it up a little until fluffy if too firm.
- Add cranberry sauce, then fold the mixture into the egg whites.
- Add oranges and nuts.
- Pour into a lightly greased mold and chill thoroughly.
- When ready to serve, dip mold in warm water and invert on plate.